At the end of this sunday’s sermon, which I might post in the near future, our pastor gave us a short set of instructions on the right way to confess sins. 5 Points to sum up how you have to do it:
- Self-Accusing – Be like King David!
- Voluntary, unforced – Like water flows from a source. The forsaken son did this very well.
- With all your heart – Mourn, and repent! Again, the forsaken son is an excellent example.
- Specific – Say your name, date and time, exactly what happened, and don’t give any excuses or reasons! Don’t be like Adam – “The Woman you gave me”
- Find the Sin behind the sin – A “small” sin often comes from deeper within – jealousy, pride, egoism…
Be structured (as in, do it regularly), but don’t don’t let this keep you from being spontaneous!