After spending a lot of time with prayer, in the word, and with Flo, I now know very concretely how I should (and will) behave. I’ll try to break it down for you in an understandable way.
Courtship, not dating
As was already visible from my previous posts, I learned that courtship was the way to go before The LORD. Anything else would be foolish, at the very least. What this means:
- I will not begin a relationship before I can assume responsibility for her:
- Spiritual Leadership in Scripture
- Ephesians 5 – Give Life for Her – Protect her and care for her – for good or for ill
- Economic care
- Then, I will go trough her father, so as to protect her from being confronted by a man.
- I will aim for engagement without waiting for an unnecessarily long time.
Healthy distance – too bad for you, flesh
Following Titus 2:7, I will stay clear of her. This means that
- I’ll keep the distance of a large study bible between us.
- I’ll only hug her on greetings and farewells or special occasions.
- I won’t, EVER, be alone with her.
I hope these resolutions are understandable to you. All I can do now is keeping a distance, getting to now her better by watching her, and growing in holiness and godly manhood. Hopefully, I’ll be able to talk to her dad within 4 years or so.